We provide professional survey certificates ensuring layouts and elevations are exact and precise. Our foundations are engineered in excess of current local building codes and are custom built by the owners of G&H Development, not sub-contracted out. We’re believers that with a good foundation, you can build a good home!
Our foundations are typically built on a load bearing strip footing where the ground surface is inspected and passed by a licensed geotechnical engineer. We build safely below the building code frost levels and utilize reinforcing steel in both our footings and foundation wall systems. Our foundation walls are engineered for load capacities and incorporate elevations that allow for system rough-ins and finished basement levels.
Once again we offer the services of professional layouts with the entire framing process being supervised and constructed ‘daily’ by one of the owners of G&H Development. We do not sub-contract our framing work and we utilize a system of professionally drafted blueprints and quality checks to ensure a quality finished product. We often build custom homes where clients have specific needs or requests and our methods of construction with our systems easily incorporate these requests. All homes are built in excess of the quality assurances required by the governing regulatory codes. We utilize 2”x6” construction for all exterior walls, fully insulated to R20 and our roof systems are engineered with R50 insulation ratings. Our floor systems utilize an engineered TJI ‘silent’ floor with T&G, 3/4” floor sheathing that is glued and screwed. We guarantee “no squeaks”!
Understanding that over 40% of all construction claims are a result of poor building envelope systems, we strive for perfection when putting the lids of our homes. We use licensed, qualified roofers that offer extended warranties for their systems. Often our homes are upgraded for quality in roofing design. Particular planning and assessment is provided for rain water leaders, gutters, roof venting and storm water collection systems; ensuring a trouble free home for years and years, well beyond the stipulated warranty periods.
Doors, Windows & Entry
Most of our homes offer above average quality with upgraded systems; We place a high value on “value added” costs for these systems and do not look for methods of cost savings in this area! Everyone of our homes offers a superior entrance system and high end quality windows for long lasting quality and performance. Our window and door supplier also offers extended warranty coverage for these products. Our overhead door systems are also superior, utilizing commercial grade OH Door openers and high quality products.
We offer upgraded exterior finishing packages that include Hardi-Board siding and high end cultured stone mixed with Smart-Board trims. These systems offer a maintenance free exterior that can withstand the full 4 seasons of weather that we get at the Shuswap; they also offer extended life periods well beyond the specified warranty periods for quality and assurance for your custom built home! We carefully install all exterior systems as an integrated part of the building envelope system; installing pre-finished flashings, vapour barrier backing and adequate venting that far surpass the regulatory requirements of standard home construction.
We are proud to offer the 2-5-10 Home Warranty.
- 60 gallon tanks
- Recirculation pumps
- High quality fixtures from Koltler
- In-floor heat & boiler systems
- Site-built showers & soaker tubs
- Thermostat controlled heat under tile in all ensuites
- 200 amp service in all homes
- Specially designed garage systems for every man to enjoy
- Can design built-in sound systems for your home theatre
- Heat pumps are standard
- High efficiency furnaces
- Napolean gas fireplaces
- Natural gas for barbeque
- Standard gas outlet for range
- System designed specific to each home for guaranteed warmth and cooling
- Geothermal available
- Knowledgeable people to help with quality lighting products
- Rope accent lighting in living rooms
- Extensive use of pot lights for a clean, contemporary look & feel
- Our cabinets are second to none
- 100% custom – specially designed for every taste
- Maple, and all other woods, available
- Granite countertops are standard, unless otherwise specified
- Self-closing drawers standard
- Highend stains & finishes
- We have one of the best finishers in B.C.
- His work can be found in many multi-million dollar homes, in Vancouver
- All of our handrail systems look & feel like furniture
- Custom designed & built mudrooms that work for your families needs
- Large baseboards, crown moulding, picture framed ceilings
- We offer realistic budgets that allow you to use high quality hardwood, tile and carpet throughout your home
- Our tile installations are second to none
- Tub decks and site-built showers are our specialty
Design & Drafters
- Our staff has extensive experience
- We can help you build a home that works for you and your family
- We also have stock plans for most budgets